Halloween trick or treating can be a fun experience for your children. I have come up with some suggestions on how you can have fun and enjoy the experience!
We will also at end of this blog post help you get the costume you and your family will love!
Here’s my tips:
- Wear reflective tape on your clothes. This will allow others to see you on the road.
- Bring a pillow case instead of a plastic bag for your treat collection.
- Halloween is held in the fall. Dress for the weather. Cold weather or water absorbent materials in the rain can be very uncomfortable.
- Bring a cell phone, in case you need to make an emergency phone call. Text updates every so often.
- Always travel in groups. Be sure there are at least 3 of you at all times. Go with kids in the neighborhood to make it a memorable experience for your children.
- Let your parents know where you’re going to be at all times, and when you plan on returning home. Parents worry!!
- Don’t visit houses that are not well lit. Never go inside a stranger’s house. Lights turned off means that they are not participating.
- Use the sidewalk whenever possible. If there’s no sidewalk, walk on the side of the road facing traffic.
- Don’t criss-cross back and forth across the street. Work your way up one side of the street, and then start on the other. Safety is important!
- If you have any allergies, tell the person who is giving out the treats.
- Don’t eat any of your treats before you get home. Once home, ask your parents to look through your treats with you to make sure everything is okay. Don’t forget to give your parents some, as they may have a sweet tooth!
By the way, if you are looking for a costume, we have a wide assortment to choose from. We just added boys costumes yesterday. Shop from home, and safe time and avoid crowded malls.
Visit our Halloween costume shop by clicking the link below: